Day 1: San Jose


Advertisement
Published: February 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, it was pretty interesting arriving in San Jose last night. When we got out of the airport there was a swarm of people waiting outside and holding up various signs. They all want you to go to their hotel.Very overwhelming and took a little bit before we found the right guy for our hostel.

It´s a good thing too that they have shuttle service there. There is no way that you would find the hostel without a guide. Driving out of the airport you notice right away that all the near by hotels and restaurants are ones we have back in Canada and they are all in english also. Then as you drive in further everything really changes to be more Costa Rican. I also noticed on the drive that there we no signs marking the speed limit, so I had no idea how fast we were supposed to be going, but I don´t think anyone else knew either.

I guess the big upcoming event in town is a Ricky Martin concert in a few days. There were posters everywhere on the drive in. Rod says we won´t have time to see it....haha

The first day here
Rod and Angela -.  Espania ParqueRod and Angela -.  Espania ParqueRod and Angela -. Espania Parque

Finally a little relaxing moment in the busy day.
has been good so far. But I really can´t wait to get out of this city and into somewhere smaller with wildlife and trees.

We mostly just wondered around town today and did alot of people watching. We went to 5 atm´s before we found one that would give us money. That was a nice relief. Then we went into the Jade Museum and learned all about the native Costa Rican´s. Then some more walking, pigeon watching, walking , and now we are off for a swim.

Well, I´ll catch up with everyone again in a few days when we reach our next destination.

Lots of Love,
Angela and Rod


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

 Rod under a bridge Rod under a bridge
Rod under a bridge

This mural was in San Jose. I thought it was pretty. Notice that the cat´s eyes are made from painted plates.


15th February 2007

Love the travel blog! Keep it up I love the pics too. Have a great swim. We are thinking of you. Lisa and Russell

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb