buenos noches from the pacific coast!


Advertisement
Published: April 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

ahhh the sweet smell of salt water. the loud sound of waves. the feeling of being so alive its almost feels numbing.....
si si , yo soy a la playa de pacifico!!!!
we reached destination Jaco (pronounced HAKO) on friday (the 28th...wow that was only yesterday...haha it feels like we've been here for so long!) morning. since then i've experienced the pacific ocean like never before! We found a comfy yet cheap hostel (9 USD a night) and booted it right down to the beach (literally 100 mts from the enterance to our hostel). The Caribbean was beautiful,but this...ahh but this...its surreal! The beach is huge, just goes on forever, and at either end of it are these gorgeous foothills with trees so green i smile just looking at them! I can't begin to desribe how amazing it feels to do nothing but swim, surf (yes we tried it again today, ahhh im in love with the feeling!) and sleep under the ridiculously strong sun! haha my tan is finallllllly evened out , the volunteerers tan strips were taking over my back for the last two months!
the tourism isnt my favourite...but im sucking it up and trying to see past the americanized cars stores and people. haha we're not used to this many gringos!
we leave weds morning for san jose. flight is on thurs afternoon. eek.
anyways i gotta jet. hope all is well with everyone, this is prob one of my last blogs. yikes its been a fab two and a half months! all the best, pura vida and much love!
xo hils !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb