Day 36: Surf shopping in San Jose!


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Not a great blog for me to write today as I havent been very well at all! We woke up at about 9.30 which was a really good sleep as we were asleep by 11pm also. But we really needed it especially me as we had now worked out that I have a chest infection (no need to explain why we knew!) so needed some bed time afer being awake at 4am yesterday and a long day of travelling! Ben got up and went on the short walk that Jacob did with the group around the centre of San Jose pointing out things we may need in the next day, and I went back to sleep for an hour. He came back with breakfast, antibiotics, cough medicine and throat tablets! What a keeper!

So, all drugged up we headed into the city to look for a hammock and some new boardies for Ben as we seem to have left them somewhere in the last week! 😞 Sad cos they were cool and we only got then in the US! But anyway..onwards and upwards! These things happen. One item of clothing lost each! Not Bad! We didnt really think too much of San Jose after being in all the cool small towns in Central America. It was really just a big city with lots of weirdly fashion sensed people walking the streets! There was lots of people set up on little tables yelling things out repetitively and kind of at each other. We couldnt work out what they were doing but we think they were selling lottery tickets! Very bizarre! The one good thing was that every second shop was a surf shop! Unfortunatey there was no dresses hardly in my size so that wasnt successful again! But we did find Ben some boardies which are really cool His sizing of a 31 – not 30 or 32, proved difficult once again and we must have been into about 15 diff surf shops! It was crazy there was one main shop which we went into 5 different stores callled that same thing all on the pedestrian street!

We found a reasonable looking place for lunch which was just like subway but fresher and really yummy but we are starting to see what Jacob meant when he said costa rica was expensive! It cost us $18US for 2 sandwiches and drinks! Ah well it was yummy! We looked for hammocks and got a bit of advice on what kind to get but one has still not 'jumped out at me!'

At about 4pm after being out and about for over 4 hours I had totally hit the wall and started going loopy so we went back to the hotel and I climbed back into bed while Ben contemplated going for a run!! But decided against it and lay on the bed and got started into the second book of our Clifton Chronicles!

We had to be ready to go at 7pm to head down and meet the 10 new people in our group! There is only 4 of us staying on and we are saying and have said goodbye to so many people we would love to stay wiith us! But we met the new group and everyone seems nice enough. There is one couple in particular we get on really well with that are our age which is really nice. There is 7 people over 40 our of 14 which is really interesting! There is even a 70 year old American guy. Very weird and just kinda stares at people, doesnt say much, didnt come to dinner with us and doesnt look hugely active. It is quite a strange tour (adventure tour!) for him to choose but anyway! Im sure he is nice when you get to know hi a bit better which hopefully we will. We all went out to dinner with our fav couple from our last trip who we were all sad to see go and had a really yummy meal and got to know our group a bit better. It was another early night for me too unfortunately! Let hope these antibiotics do their magic! We are really excited about the next week in Costa Rica. It sounds like so much fun and adventure!

PS: no photos today sorry! We just didnt feel the need to capture anything here!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb