Bienvenido Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: October 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

By the time we arrived to Costa Rica it was almost week 9. We were exhausted, sick of being sick and starting to run out of money.

Travelling in 3rd world countries is very different to travelling in Western countries. The never knowing if we were going to arrive into a town that had electricity and running water...a must after 12 hours on a hot and sweaty chicken bus. Plus constantly picking up stomach bugs no matter how careful we were with what we ate and drank - 9 weeks seemed like an eternity but we loved every moment of it at the same time!

Luckily, Cost Rica is well developed and has a great tourist infrustructure. The beds were comfy and bed bug free and we weren't hounded as much as the countries....either they were much more used to seeing tourists or becky and I looked as feral as we felt!

Costa Rica is such a beautiful place with so many lovely people. The towns, the cities - all spectacular. We planned on doing lots of adventure activities there and it didn't disappoint. White water rafting, ATV'ing, Zip lining in Monterverde Cloud Forest....
I passed at the Bungy jumping and sky diving (I ain't no fool!) but becky is keen so I'll happily watch from the ground.

We have only a few days left of our magical trip and though we are sad to be leaving this wonderful part of the world after almost 11 weeks, the idea of a shower with hot water and a glass of water from the tap is constantly on my mind and I can't wait to enjoy the luxuries we take for granted at home...

See you in Sydney soon xx



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb