San Isidro #3


Advertisement
Published: March 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey again! Back in town for spanish lessons, and today's are at four, and we had to take the 12:30 bus, so we have some time. I realized what a few of the things that I havn't told you about are. Firstly, one of the reasons, besides my camera, for staying longer than planned at the College is that we just happened to be there for the official Inoguration. Apparently, although I had no idea of this until the event, it wasn't technically a Collegio del Mundo Unido ( United World College) it was still an SOS Childrens' Villiage, althoug it had been functioning as a world cololege for some years. Anyway, it was really neat to be able to be ther for the actual event. All the students dressed in the traditional cloths from their countries. And there are not just Latino kids, they are fromall over the world. So there were costumes form Europe, Africa, Asia, and quite a few from LAtin America. Anyway, there was a long speech part at the beggining, and then lots of tradtional dances, and the big part was Queen Noor, who is the queen of Jordon was there, and there were presentations, one of which was Nelson presenting flowers to the queen, during which made sure he gave a quick casual kiss on the chhek to her, not that big a deal, especisally down here, but not evrey day that a queen is on the other side of it! He looked thoroughly impressed with himself after word. And then through the day their were stations set up by the kids on theri countries, followed by a big futbol game between the college team, and a local team, the college team lost by a goal. Also While I think of it, for those of you who met Nelson, he is presently doing a tryout with La Liga Futbol team, one of the 2 top teams in the country, whose games are televised internationally. He is pretty happy about this understandably.
As for the other things I forgot to mention, we havn't been to the coast yet, thought of going to Dominical, which is only an hour or so by bus fromhere on Sun, but decided to stay and relax, which was a good choice, as wiht coming to town every day now, and spanish homework, the huge amounts of time we had before have rapidly dissappeared. This wknd we are planning on hinking Mt Chiripo, the highest mt in Costa Rica, at 3800 mtrs. We will proably leave for the Caribean and Tortugero a week Thu or Fri. Wow, it's a good thing the internt is cheap here, I just wrote yesterday, and already am writing tonns again today!
Think that's all for now, chao Nick

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb