last night


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

back at hostel bekuo. last night jenna and i attempted to drive up the volcano but were unsuccessful due to a flat rear tire. this morning we left arenal backpackers to head back down to san jose. now here, i am preparing for my return flight while jenna attempts to change her's so that she can stay another week. costa rica is a wonderful place. the people are very friendly and you feel a sense of community when you are here. they really go the extra mile for the visitors here during tours by adding more than you thought you had paid for. all the little surprises are a joy and cause you to fall in love with the country.
i would love to come back here and visit some of the same places but add a few to the list... and stay longer. one week isnt enough to see everything costa rica has to offer. we've barely covered a small portion of the pacific coast and northern regions.
my flight leaves tomorrow at 7am and i will take a taxi to the airport around 5. my flights with the layovers will take about 13 hours :o ! i have only taken one real shower while i've been here because hot water is not always available so i've been spending a lot of time in the pools and ocean. sounds gross when i write it.... as much as i love being out here, it will be nice to shower on a regular basis.

Advertisement



8th June 2008

Get home safely!
I am so happy that you and Jenna have enjoyed your time there. It sure sounds like you met some nice people. Can't wait to see and hear more about it. We all miss you! I'll be waiting for you at the airport...

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 18; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb