Are We Spoiled, or What?


Advertisement
Published: January 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

It has become crystal clear to me that we really don't understand hardship. We turn the lights on and we can see, we turn the water on and it flows and its hot, we go to the fridge and we find ice, if it's too warm we crank up the air and if it's too hot we put up the thermostat. This is what we know.

That's not to say we haven't experienced difficulty in our lives, we have, its just different. Our difficulty comes in finding meaning and purpose when we have so much. And we take so much for granted. Deep thoughts for a Tuesday morning. People here seem happy, they work hard. They are very friendly and appreciate when you try to communicate with them in their language. This has been an eye opening experience. It makes you appreciate all we have. No matter what or how much we have, we share more in common then we have differences. We love our families. We cherish life. Now we're off to the town square for some lunch and a trip to a nearby park. Tomorrow we head to the beach, we were going today but we are waiting for Rosa to bring back our laundry. Yep, you guessed it, no washer and dryer here. Just one more thing we take for granted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb