Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: December 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Monday



The howler alarm went off at 5am again, but this time it didn't work. Up later for breakfast and some reading. Today we wanted to walk back into Uvita, and we wanted to wait until we were sure things were open. It's not a bad walk at all (1km) when you are going downhill. We walked by a few nice stucco homes, some cornfields, and a little fruit store. Stopped in to look around and visited with the owner. He had just opened recently. He came to Costa Rica for a one month vacation, and is still here a year later. Something about this country that does that to people.



We got to town and bought tickets ($22) for a direct bus to San Jose next Thursday morning. Bob the Tour Guide has an adventure planned for the back end of the trip. We also stocked up on groceries for the remainder of our stay at this hostel. Took a taxi back--too much to carry, too hot, and too big a hill!



Uvita is a varied city, venders selling fruit from a cart under an umbrella and a big modern grocery store across the street, a simple Soda restaurant and a fancy cafe and coffee house. We stopped in a souvenir shop, where there were some unique bamboo and other wooden items. One large chair had arms carved into the shape of iguanas. Very unique.



Today was a relaxing day, enjoying the scenery and getting a little exercise. After we made dinner in the hostel kitchen, we headed out to the balcony again. They have the close jungle area lit up at night. The background of Bob in the hammock is so perfect it looks fake. Bob says it looks like a picture from a jigsaw puzzle.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



8th December 2015
Bob's Favorite Spot

Quite a hammock retreat!
The photo of Bob in the hammock is a winning one! It might be hard to leave this place. Did you ever capture a photo of the elusive macaw yet? We have the usual winter rain here at present. It is quite warm for Olympia, 54 degrees, but not quite like the tropical rains of Costa Rica. When are you two vagabonds returning home? Will you go down to South Carolina for Christmas?
8th December 2015
Bob's Favorite Spot

HI
We have seen about about a dozen macaws, but were never able to get a good photo. We'll be home Dec 16. Lynn and Aaron will be coming home for Christmas. Thanks for your comments. Always fun to hear from you.

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb