Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: December 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Saturday



Today we checked out of our hostel (Pura Vida). We got our deposits back for our towels and key. This is good way to do it, fewer missing items. The hostel called the taxi for us, and it was there in less than five minutes. We got to the Quepos station quite early. I stayed with the luggage and Bob went to the bank and got us some breakfast snacks. The bus left exactly on time, 9:30am. Once out of Quepos, the roads were good, except when we drove into some small towns. Most of the area was jungle, with an occasional home or corn field.



Took us about two hours to get to Uvita. The bus stop was right across the street from the bank and grocery store. We picked up groceries for a couple of breakfasts and dinners. Then we found a taxi to our next place, Casada Verde. It would be within walking distance (half a mile), but with our groceries and luggage, and some very steep hills to climb, we decided a taxi was best! There is a very well equipped kitchen here at the hostel, with a refrigerator where we can keep our food. There is also a book exchange with several books in English.The lounge balcony on our floor (top floor) overlooks a pond, jungle-like plants, and a big stand of bamboo trees. There is no railing there, so the first step is a big one! It is a perfect spot for reading and writing the blog. Tomorrow morning there will be a yoga class in the lounge. There are some dorm rooms here, but we have a private room with our own bath. It is kind of like living in a treehouse. There is a waterfalls and a small restaurant just a short walk away. The place is really clean. In fact, we have to take our shoes off before we go to the upper floors. I think it will be a very relaxing stay.



We took a short walk around the grounds, saw some gorgeous flowers, and found the area of the waterfalls. We will check that out some other day. We went back to the kitchen to make dinner, cleaned up our dishes, then went to sit on the balcony. As soon as we got there, a toucan landed in a tree in front of the deck.



We'll be off for some fun hikes tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb