Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: November 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Quebrada Ganado

Sunday

(The blog city is listed as Tarcoles, which is the closest place to Quebrada Ganado, where we currently are.)

About 80 baby turtles were released to the sea last night about 8pm. We didn't see it, but were told by a hotel traveler. Would have been interesting.



Today was a travel day. We caught the 8am bus this morning back to Paquera ($7 for two tickets). A monkey was at the bus stop again. It was fun to watch him going from tree to tree, but he was too fast for a good photo. The bus was about 15 minutes late, and we had a little delay for road construction, but we made all our connections. Lots of passengers got in an out in Cabano. We drove through Tambor, a fairly affluent town about half-way to Paquera. Much more landscaping and flowers than Montezuma, a golf course, tennis court, and even an airport.



We caught the 11am ferry in Paquera (less than $2 per person), across the Bay of Nicoya back to Puntarenas. An airshow was going on during our crossing, and many smaller boats were lined up to watch. Puntarenas was packed by the beach today, partly because it was Sunday, and partly due to the airshow. We had a bit of time to wait for the ferry, so Bob bought some interesting oranges from a vender. They were peeled around, leaving the white rind, and the top was cut, making them look like a little bowl. Very juicy.



Once we got back to Puntarenas, we took a cab to the bus station, and bought tickets to Quebrada Ganado. Our next hotel, Mojolana, is located about 6 km from town. We got a few groceries in town, then took a cab to the hotel. Great place, a central swimming pool surrounded by six cabanas. We have a little porch area where we can eat, write the blog, and play Scrabble! We're located here a short way north of Jaco.



The hotel has beach on two sides, lots of birds. We hope to see the red macaw and the toucan here. We can hear the ocean waves from our room. We walked down by the beach. Very crowded today, since it is Sunday, many buses. I'm sure it will be much more peaceful tomorrow. We checked out the restaurant along the beach, the only one here within walking distance. The menu looked good, reasonable prices. Probably try it out tomorrow.



We have been chasing birds here, taking a few photos and trying to identify them. There seem to be a lot of western tanagers in this area. Ate dinner on our patio, and look forward to some more exploring tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb