Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: November 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday

Nice sunny morning, but very windy. We had our usual good breakfast here. I asked the host when the parakeets would be here in his tree, and he said they were there at 5am. Missed them! They may be back about 4pm, but sometimes they don't show up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.



Our original plan was to go to the Santa Elena Reserve, but since we were in Monteverde yesterday, we decided to pass on this one. This reserve is smaller than Monteverde. However, ten percent of the species here aren't found in Monteverde, which is on the other side of the continental divide. Spent the morning making online reservations for stops later in our trip. We had an easy, relaxed day today, but we did spend quite a bit of time walking around town.



We checked out the location of the bus depot for our departure tomorrow morning. Not very far away, but up and down several big hills. We leave for Puntarenas at 6am. This is the city we can see from our balcony on a clear day, about a three hour bus trip.



We walked by a little restaurant (which I thought was named Orphos) and I noticed a huge, gorgeous blue butterfly, about 8 inches across, on the grounds. Didn't have time for a photo. Back in the room I googled "blue butterfly Costa Rica" and found out it was a Blue Morpho. (Although Bob told me that before and I didn't believe him.) Later that afternoon when we stopped at the bank, we walked by the butterfly spot again. He wasn't there, but we realized the name of the restaurant was actually Morphos, a large blue butterfly making the "M". So he must be a frequent visitor!



The evening was cool and breezy. We had dinner in town at Taco Taco, a pretty popular place. The large burritos were very good, and indeed large. Probably an early night tonight, up early tomorrow.

(Bob says the Imperial beer is good, but not spectacular.)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb