Magnificent Manuel Antonio


Advertisement
Published: August 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The sun was shining bright and hot today for our morning in Manuel Antonio National Park where we saw a three and two toed sloth, howler monkeys, lizards, raccoons, and the highlight which was a pack of squirrel monkeys that came all the way down to the path and were close enough to touch. The beaches were absolutely stunning and the wildlife loud. One of the raccoons performed a successful daylight robbery of someone's lunch from their bag on the beach then proceeded to eat it in full view and without a care.

Before heading back to miserable San Jose on the bus we had dinner on the beach restaurant again during high tide. On the beach live a pack of white headed capuchin monkeys which are also fearless and come close to people. One had only one hand but still managed to jump and hang around without trouble. Our final hotel is luxurious and we've enjoyed a Denny's diner takeaway on one of the two double beds.

Today has been a perfect way to end our amazing three week trip.Here are just just a few of things we experienced on this trip. We saw Fuego Volcano erupting in Antigua at night, walked through beautiful Guatemalan streets and squares. A visit to The Luna Jaguar Hot Springs was followed by a BBQ after exploring the stunning Mayan ruins and archaeological site in Copan. We snorkelled the second largest reef in the world (The Mesoamerican Reef), drank some local 'Salvavida', and chilled out on Caribbean beaches. We learnt about the fascinating history of the beautifully landscaped country in Leon. Scott explored the Stunning "Concepcion" Volcano on Ometepe Island, relaxed at Santo Domingo beach and cooled off in 'Ojo de Agua' natural water spring. We had serious action in Costa Rica, Ziplining, Canyoneering and Rafting, and explored the rain forests during the day and the night time. And to top it all off we saw loads of Volcanoes, amazing scenery, had a few crazy party nights. It has been a trip to remember and the people we got to know along the way only made it better.

We look forward to seeing you all this weekend!

Buenos noches y pura vida!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb