Our Villa and Sarah's lost tooth


Advertisement
Published: December 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our Villa
We have a 2 bedroom villa overlooking the ocean. It is a far steep walk (one we haven't attempted yet) down to the ocean- they provide shuttle service. We are at the top of the property so great overlooking views. We are close to some restaurants outside the property, grocery store and a quaint coffee shop.
At the beach there is one restaurant which serves breakfast and lunch. They have good food here and the beer is Imperial- but reminds me of Canadian so not my fave!

There are 3 pools as well- all a fun walk to find! Beautiful property and lanscape. Monkeys in the trees outside the room and down at the Ocean front restaurant as we showed yesterday. There are tons of lizards and Iguanas all around. I am still a bit creeped out that I may wake up to one on me in the morning.

Sunday Dec 12th
We went on a snorkelling and kayaking tour this morning. Beautiful day for it. The snorkelling was okay- only small fish but Sarah lost her tooth during the snorkeling in her mask- but it was lost in the Ocean.
The kayaking was more than I bargained for- about an hour of kayaking can be a good work out.
Lunch and a brief hidtory lesson from Thomas the tour guide and we were back in time to get in a half day at the beach.

Walked up for ice cream at the cafe and then off to dinner at El Avion - This restaurant is a piece of history- the airplane that the restaurant is built around was brought here peice by peice after it had crashed and landed in Panama. The cockpit is the bar and the wings are out in the dining area. Food was OKAY!

Back to room to pack - heading to La Fortuna tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb