Merry Christmas!


Advertisement
Published: December 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Funky Monkey family at xmasFunky Monkey family at xmasFunky Monkey family at xmas

All of us and the dog, Malandro. the four receptionists are me, the two girls behind me (Maria - morocco and Sheila - mexico) and Nicky (far left)
Hi everyone

There is not much to tell, except that I am still having a blast back in Santa Teresa and enjoying spending more time here with friends.
Im currently living and working at the Funky Monkey Lodge. The house we had paid for happened to be moved in by a bunch of other people while I was in Ecuador and my friend was in Mexico. The landlord seemed to think he could get away with the two sets of rent. Hah. We let it go anyway because we got offered jobs at Funky Monkey straight away and are able to live there for free. There is a wonderful atmosphere there. I work with 3 other girls and we share reception jobs. Basically all I do is hang out with the guests! We join them every so often as ´guides´ and get to go do fun touristy things. It is lovely being part of the town now and catching up with everyone on the strip as you ride down to the shop or beach or something.
Our jewellery sales are doing really well and went through the roof over christmas. For the rest, I spend the day surfing and chilling
Funky Monkey Funky Monkey Funky Monkey

The sign that Nicky is painting. Shes a funky artist
at the beach.
Life is so much better stripped back to simple. Im thinking of starting some Nannying over here since a friend here just had a baby and gave me the idea. Hanging out with kids at the beach sounds fun doesnt it?

We had a wonderful christmas - the Funky Monkey family cooked dinner and went to party at our favourite club, Tabu, which has just opened again 😊 Ive attached a photo of the staff. We are a great mix from New Zealand, Mexico, Holland, Canada, Venezuela, America, Morroco and Costa Rica.

So everyone, tell me your news and send me your questions. Im sure youre wondering why on earth im still here... 😊

take care and happy new year!!

Love cass



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Our pool!Our pool!
Our pool!

Great for practicing duck diving on a surf board, so weve discovered
Diva the bikeDiva the bike
Diva the bike

Me and Nicky bought a bike together for christmas. Her name is Diva and she tears it up :)
Tropical stylesTropical styles
Tropical styles

Some of the bungalows. You should see our shower, its part outdoor like everything else. Sorry dont have time for more photos...


Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1002s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb