Tortuga Island


Advertisement
Published: March 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Big decisions had to be made...should we go to the Caribbean side of CR - likely Limon or go on a day cruise to Tortuga Island which is an island in the Gulf of Nicoya. We eventually decided on the cruise which included b'fast, non-alcoholic drinks on the catamaran, an amazing lunch on the beach, snorkeling and banana boat rides. They also had a traditional band that played for us prior to boarding for the island and when we were on the island itself. The service was impeccable, the fish beautiful, the sand the nicest we have seen and the company quite good. We even met some people from Saskatoon if you can imagine.

Unfortunately I will not post any pictures of this trip as I took limited pictures and none of them are particularly post worthy.

My opinion is that of all the beaches we have been to, and we have been to several, I would say that I have seen much nicer beaches in many other places. The water temperature here however, is very comfortable and enjoyable more so than other places. I guess you will all need to come check it out and form your own opinion.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb