4th of July in Herradura


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We headed to the beach on Tuesday to spend a couple of days with our beach buddies and check out their recently finished house. The house looked great. The two of them did a great job on everything from construction to decorating. We felt everything very well thought out and nicely done. It was good getting tips from them on do's & don'ts in construction.

We arrived early which left the day open for Callista, Bill & Bear to hit the beach. We learned there is a difference in types of boogie boards. Beach people know this, we didn't. Ours were just standard every day boogie boards. T & E had found some with a smoother bottom. The verdict from Bill & Calli is buy the better ones, the ride is worth it! We'll be on the look out for them now.

We BBQ'd ribs & chicken while relaxing in their outdoor living room. It's so much more than a back patio. The homemade potato salad really topped things off. What's a July BBQ if you don't have potato salad?

Bill & Terry headed out the following morning for a day of fishing. They returned in the evening with seven Mahi Mahi. No stories of the ones that got away although we did hear reports of porpoise and sea turtles. The sailfish were not to be found. But that didn't dampen the fun. Bill had a great day. He would've liked it to be a little cooler though.

With raging sunburn Bill decided he'd rather sleep in his own bed in the cool mountain air rather than another night at the beach. We had a great time but we're much happier being cooler.

For more on the reality of our lives in Costa Rica check out our website http://www.anewlifeincostarica.com or click here.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb