Whale watching? sadly not - Josie


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Very early start today followed by a drive to the boat hire centre. The group was split into two groups one in a large fast boat and one in a smaller faster boat (but was travelling rather slow due to the large waves). Once again the captains competed to get their boats to jump the highest over the waves - not pleasant. most people had their heads over the edge of the boat or between their knees before a single dolphin was spotted. Eventually we saw the dolphins - it seemed as thought they were showing off to us as they back flipped through the air! One group also saw Black tuna, Frigate birds, brown boobies and a Yellow bellied sea snake. Unfortunately no Whales although a Hump back was spotted yesterday. We were all rather relieved at 11.30 when we headed to a secluded beach bordering one of Mel Gibson's properties. We had a nice picnic luch under the palm trees. We all went to see a group of White faced Capuchins we fed them bits of coconuts which they took and then threw at us. We all enjoyed a warm swim in the sea as the waves washed over our heads. We then started to realise that everyso often on of the boys would disappear ... normally Billy, they would swim under water and grab one of the girls ankles pretending to be a sea snake!
Arrived back on dry ground around 3.. Abi and I seemed to gather a collection of dogs that wanted to come home with us ... sadly we were not allowed.
As we were driving home we saw a rather colourful tree which was covered in Red Macaws eating almond nuts. Whichg was very spectacular. And everyone got out the bus to take pictures.. we spotted James Evry on the other side of the road taking pictures of Pigeons much to our amussment.
Arrvied back at the hotel all exhausted in time for a shower and dinner. Most of the boys have scattered to bed or doing emails. whilst a few others had a nice evening swim whilst Miss Slade and I stole their clothes... sadly they didnt find it as funny as we did!!
Love to all
Josie


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb