Costa Rica 11/9/09


Advertisement
Published: November 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sorry this is late but we were all feeling too tired last night to mess with the blog.

Yesterday was a lot of fun! We started off the day by getting picked and driven into town (not having to walk into town is always nice) and getting dropped off at the Terra Adventures place. They had our ATV's ready and waiting for us. Our guide was a very nice guy name Raul. He showed us how to use the ATV's and had us drive up and down the streeta couple of times. He had to go help Crista because she got stuck at one point. After a couple of times up and down the street it was time to go.

First we had to go back by the cabin to get our driver's licenses (nobody told us we need them!!!). After that was taken care of we hit the road. We drove for maybe about 10 minutes on the paved road and then got to hit the unpaved road to the canopy tour. The ride was really fun. We got to cross a couple of creeks and climb some hills in them (as well as dodge cars, dogs and women and children on bikes). After about a 30 minutes ride we arrived at the zip line place!

We all walked up to the place covered in dirt. We got strapped in and got ready for the zip lines. We had gone before (myself and Crista) but this time my parents were with us. My mom is scared off heights but she did every single zip line (15 total!)! And we have proof! This time on the tour it was only the four of us which was nice but the tour went by much faster than last time. Still fun and I highly recommend this tour to anybody!

After this we headed back to "base camp" and drank some well deserved water and ate some pineapple. The guides cut up this really weird fruit they said was from Africa and offered it to us. It was really good but the consistency was like mucus. Not exactly something I would want to eat again. After we were rested we headed back down to the quads and hit the road again. This time we were heading to the waterfalls in Bribri.

It took us about 20 minutes on the ATV's to get to Bribri and then about 15 minutes to drive up the dirt road to get to the trail. After a 10 minute hike we had arrived at the waterfall. Myself and Crista had already seen it once but it sure is amazing to see regardless. We all changed and climbed into the water. We swam for about 20 minutes before deciding it was time to go. It sure felt great after everything we had done!

So anyways, we hit the road and after about a 30 minute drive we made it back to town. We parked at the headquarters and arranged it with them to give us a ride back in an hour. We were all starving and desperately wanted something to eat. We walked down to Monita Bonita's and all ordered deli sandwiches. After we were all stuffed we walked back to Terra Adventures and got our ride back to the cabin. The rest of the night was just spent relaxing and we ALL went to bed early.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb