The Caribbean


Advertisement
Published: August 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, what a great way to end my holiday in Costa Rica. On Saturday we got the bus down to Puerto Viejo on the caribbean coast. It is every bit how you think it should be, palm trees, beautiful weather, people riding on bikes and a general relaxed and non hurried vibe going on.
We stayed at the infamous ¨"Rocking J´s" hostel on our first night in a tent and although cheap and hassle free we both decided that we weren´t 18 anymore and wanted to live it up a little for our last few nights. The next day we found a really lovely cabina with a beach view and our own little patio and hammock. It was really nice and great for relaxing, I think our hostel days are over!!!
Yesterday we hired bikes and cycled 13km to Manzanillo, the road is a mixture of paved and gravel road, it was a really beautiful day, perfect for cycling and we probably saw a total of about 20 cars in the whole day when we were cycling. After enjoying an amazing seafood soup in Manzanillo we slowly made our way back to Puerto Viejo. On the way back we found a beautiful beach with pure white sand and clear water with lots of little fishes.
We made our way back to San Jose today and tonight went out for an amazing dinner in Tin Jo, it was great and the perfect way to end a great holiday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb