Rainy days and being bored


Advertisement
Published: April 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

View from the balcony View from the balcony View from the balcony

we spent 4 days sitting there and staring into the rain
Yes, we know that you must be bored of seeing all these gorgeous beaches and us lazing around but to cheer you up we had really bad weather in Costa Rica! Anyway, let´s start with our journey from Bocas to Puerto Viejo, which is only a hop with a little border crossing. The boat trip from Bocas to Changinola (probably spelt wrong) was really scenic and very relaxing. From there we took a cab to the border, got the exit stamp and walked over a bridge into Costa Rica. The moment we entered Costa Rico it started to rain and we arrived in Puerto Viejo soaked. This being Semana Santa, we couldn´t find a hotel room as everything was fully booked and filled up with Tico families. However, we rented a private little room with a balcony and our own bathroom that didn´t have water. As it was raining we just assumed that we will have water by the next day as this was the case everywhere else we stayed. Unfortunately, this does not apply to Costa Rica as they do not collect water - no gutters and no tanks and then they moan that they do not have water! Hence, although it kept raining for the next 3 days we still didn´t have water...

Puerto Viejo itself is a little town full of backpackers and the town beach itself is not very nice. As we were following a typical backpacker track, we met 5 people we already knew from Bocas and another 3 from Colombia. Backpacking can be a very small world! Othewise it was reallly boring as the town was filled up with cars, families and the rain! The worst was that all the bars are shut over Easter. We normally wouldn´t have minded but the bad weather made going to the beach or for walks difficult. We had 2 days with less rain and rented a bike to explore the trails in the wood along the beaches and we found some nice beaches especially Punta Uva.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb