Puerto Viejo


Advertisement
Published: November 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After several days in Leon restocking our gear, going to see a cockfight, and touring the city; we decided it was time to leave Nicaragua. Our plan was to head straight into Panama, but once we looked at the bus schedule we saw that we could tag on a couple days in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica without much trouble. Its a Caribbean town several miles north of the Panamanian border and we had heard good things about it.

We arrived in the afternoon, and quickly found ourselves going to get Margaritas with two girls we met at the bus station. We soon found out that they are 'dancers' from New Zealand and sisters as well. Their company proved fairly entertaining. We rented some bicycles for the next couple of days, and made our way to a beach several kilometers down the road. Along the way Taylor and I became somewhat delirious and made bets with each other that if I put my hair in dreadlocks, he would have to dye his hair blonde, and grow a rat tail. That night, some poor local girl toiled for three hours to satisfy my end of the bargain. After having another guy redo some parts the next day, it didn't turn out too bad. Either way its pretty silly, but we'll see how Taylor's turns out.

Advertisement



7th November 2009

This I gotta see
You in Dreadlocks. WHere are the pics?????? I can hardly wait to see
10th November 2009

Are the dreadlocks better looking than the french braids I fabulously did senior year in that picture where you are stalking Butora?

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb