Good Bye Monterverde and onto Tamarindo Beach!


Advertisement
Published: February 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


The last day in Monterverde we both did Ziplining which was frightening yet an experience you wont have anywhere else around the world but in Central America. IT IS A MUST DO! It was beyond lauras confort zones yet she had no option but to complete it once she was on the course which consisted of 7 ziplines *she did try to back out several times, and two superman lines & superwomen lines which are the longest in Central America. Photos and a video is attached.

Day three we caught a bus from Monterverde to the main road, then a direct bus to Libera, then another bus to Tamarindo Beach about 6 hours later we arrive.

5 things we loved about Tamarindo...

1. The Sunsets everynight, there was always a crowd of people along bars on the beach drinking watching the bright red sky as the sun set. It was magical. Happy hour always from 5 pm until 7 where drinks were all around $3.00.

2. The beachy town feeling, tamarindo is a semi developed tourist town with many Americans escaping here for their holidays and therefore many resorts and little shops filled with local clothes, art and jewery have poppped up. There were alot of tourists around therefore always feeling safe.

3. The weather everyday sun no clouds and sizzling temperature of 35 degrees.

4. The hostel we stayed at was called Hostel Pura Vida run by a young german couple who were really welcoming. Meet a candadian girl who we spent alot of time with and just chilled......

5. Food, there were lots of food places ranging from local food which consists of a meat, rice, 2 x salads of some sort and plantain which is like fried banana but better all on one plate or top restaurants. Best meal was had a medditerain local restarant which an older couple recomended. We had meat and falafels, salads and humus and freshly made pita breads for about 5$ each and the meals were huge!!

WHAT we didnt like was the chicken bus and the roads. Roads were terrible pot holes everywhere and the buses would drive over full speed after an hour of being on a chicken bus we were about ready to jump!!!!

So far during the trip we have meet many people who have given us tips and places to go to while traveling. We didnt know alot about Nigcaragua and didnt know too many people that had gone. The orginal plan was to stop in Granada a few nights but this changed after we dicided to skip honduras due to dangers and long ammounts of travel.....

Next stop after 3 nights in Tamarindo, we decided to head to San Juan Del Sur which is just after the boarder of Nigcaragua. It is known for its beach and surfers and brightly coloured buildings which line the small beach town....


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

playa tamarindoplaya tamarindo
playa tamarindo

Playa Tamarindo


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb