Tamarindo


Advertisement
Published: October 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hola from Tamarindo!

I LOVE it here. Even though the journey here wasn't very pleasant, it was totally worth it. We left Friday morning around 8:30. Our first stop was the airport to pickup my camera that had flown from Connecticut with my friends parents. We incorrectly assumed that we could take a bus from the airport to Tamarindo, and ended up having to go back to San Jose and catch a bus from there. Aaaaand we missed the bus by 5 minutes. The next one wasn't for like 5 hours so we decided to instead catch a bus to Santa Cruz, and then Tamarindo. By means of uncomfortable, but cheap, buses we got to Tamarindo around 8:30pm. A long travel day. But our hostel, called Pura Vida, is super neat and comfortable. There are a ton of other foreigners here. We met people from Bulgaria, Switzerland, Australia, England, and Germany. Oh, and last night there was another earthquake. That makes four. It was in the middle of the night and woke me up. Apparently another 6.6 right in the Province of Guanacaste!

Today was our only full day here so we decided to spend most of it at the beach! The town here totally reminds me of La Jolla. There are a lot of nice restaurants and hotels, but also a really cool vibe. Definitely touristy, but I like it. We got our lunch at the grocery store and went to go eat on the beach. At this point I was debating whether to rent a surfboard. My mind was made up as soon as I stepped on the beach. I got a bargain and rented one for $5 for 4 hours! Not too shabby. The waves were supposedly extra good because of a nearby storm. They were pretty awesome - just as good as home for sure. And a bunch of people were in the water - mostly locals it seemed like. I went out a couple times and got a lot of good waves! I am so glad I decided to rent one.

Later we got food at the grocery store and ate dinner on the beach while watching the sunset. It was realyl beautiful. And the timing was perfect because as we started to walk back it started to POUR. We were soaked by the time we got back, but it was totally worth it. Got some awesome pics.

Tomorrow we are planning on heading over to Arenal. There isn't a direct bus so our route is going to be a little crazy, but we're hoping to arrive sometime in the afternoon. We'll spend a day or two there and then head over to Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean side!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb