Tsunami


Advertisement
Published: August 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

RainRainRain

No tsunami but loads of rain......... Geen tsunami maar wel weer heel veel regen
Well I guess all you guys heard about the earthquake that hit Peru?! There was a tsunami warning for the coast of Central America, so also Playas del Coco. A tsunami was supposed to reach us at 21.40. I received a phone call around 8pm, from the boat security guard. The whole beach was evacuating and he was scared. We decided to stay the night in and we were watching a good movie and eating dinner on the couch. We never finished our dinner.
We checked the internet and then rushed to the beach to secure our boat. We called the other dive shop and Francie stayed with the stuff, while I went home to load my zoo in the pickup. The cameras, laptop, money and anything else I thought of was already in the other car. I went to pick up Jacco and Brigitte (friends from Holland). Brigitte was really scared and wanted to evacuated immediately, but I had to return to the beach to pick up Martin and the others from the other dive shop. I gave Jacco my key and told him to go to the shop and if he saw water, just to drive over the hill
 beach beach beach

The beach has a river.....het strand heeft een rivier
and leave Coco. Brigitte panicked a little and said, be careful, I said of course and told them to take care of my zoo if something really happened. Lucky nothing did!!
Later at the shop we checked internet on the laptop and the warning was gone, the tsunami had hit the coast with 30 centimeters! Everyone went back home and we all slept fine except for Brigitte, she got up and checked CNN a couple of times......................................you never know!...............................................

Jullie hebben wel gehoord van de aardbeving in Peru?! HIer was een waarschuwing voor een tsunami. Om 21.40 zou hij in Coco zijn. Om 8 uur kreeg ik een telefoontje van de bewaker van de boot, hij was bang en iedereen was bezig te evacueren. Wij hadden eindelijk een avond thuis geplaned en zated lekker op de bank met bord op schoot een goeie film te kijken. Ons eten hebben we laten staan en zijn vertrokken naar het strand. Laptop, camera, geld en alles waar ik maar ff aan dacht in de auto. De andere duikscool gebeld, de mannen naar de boot om deze in veigheid te brengen, Franzie paste op de spullen en ik terug naar huis om de dierentuin in de pickup te laden. Brigitte en Jacco opgehaald en terug naar het strand. Brigitet had een beetje paniek dus ik de sleutel aan Jacco gegeven en gezegd dat hij naar de shop moest rijden en als hij water zag, de berg over en Coco verlaten, en goed voor mijn beesten zorgen. Brigitte werd nog nerveuzer en zei dat ik voorzichtig moest doen, maar ja, ik moest Martin en de andere ophalen. Later waren we bij de shop en met de laptop op internet zagen we dat het gevaar geweken was, de tsunami was wel geweest, maar was maar 30 cm, dus niemand had iets gemerkt. Nu konden we allemaal naar huis en rustg slapen, wij wel, maar Brigitte is een paar keer haar bed uit gegaan om CNN te kijken,want je weet maar nooit!!!..........


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



21st August 2007

SPannend
Spannend zeg hee !!! Zat op t' rand van mijn stoel ;-)
21st August 2007

30 cm!!!!!!
Nou ja 30 cm kan een groot verschil maken hahahaha! Nee zonder dollen, ik ben blij dat er niets is gebeurt. Liefs A3k
24th August 2007

Snorkel Gear
Hi I've followed your blog for quite some time. I'm wondering how difficult or easy is it to purchase snorkel gear in CR? What is the price? Thanks for the info and the great blog.
24th August 2007

snorkel gear
We sell a good snorkel set for $45. Mares is the brand and it's all silicon. Thanks for reading my blog. hope you are enjoying it.

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb