Costa Rica 2013


Advertisement
Published: January 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Untitled

In August of 2013 my boyfriend and I decided to go on a last minute vacation to Costa Rica. We were a little worried as August is off season, however we were pleasantly surprised with the weather. It was around 25-30 degrees Celsius each day and we only had about an hour of rain on two occasions.

We stayed at Occidental Grand Papagayo and I can only say positive things about the resort. The room, food and staff were all excellent. And, as it is a smaller resort, it was nice and peaceful.

While in Costa Rica we wanted to experience as much as we could, so we took a number of day trips. Our first trip was an action packed day; we went zip lining, white water tubing, horseback riding, a mud bath and a dip in the hot springs. It was truly an amazing day.

Our next day trip was to Monteverde Cloud Forest where we took a canopy tour in the clouds and saw a green house full of beautiful butterflies.

Our final day trip was a beach tour where we visited various beaches in the Guanacaste area, and we spent the afternoon learning to surf. Conchal beach was my favourite! Instead of sand, the ground was covered with unique shells; it was so different and beautiful.

The remainder of our days were spent on the beach and exploring- taking in the scenery and looking for different animals. Iguanas and kawaties were everywhere! We searched and searched and finally found a monkey on our last day.

I would recommend Guanacaste to anyone- especially during off season. The price was right and the weather was lovely- the rain broke the heat and made the forestry so green and beautiful. A perfect, relaxing yet adventurous vacation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb