Rafting the Rio Pacuare


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Cartago » Turrialba
September 10th 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Level 3/4 rapids.....living life on the edge!

This was a day of fun and hard work. We set out at 9am and were paired up with other english speaking tourists. Once all the obligatory rules were out of the way we hit the water. Lynne was in the front seat (so strange) but apparently the power players are at the back which was my seat. We hit the first rough water and we all went wow! some one asked the guide what rating was that? The reply came '' Nothing, we havent hit the rapids yet, that was just some small rocks''. So after a big breath we resumed our stance on the edge of the boat.

We are sorry there are not any action shots but it is hard to click and paddle at the same time. this is something you have to do and cant experience from my blog. the funny bits are where the guide tells you make sure you keep your mouth shut, not so you can hear the guide but so you dont swallow any of the water, there are a lot of cows up stream and the water can have a bad affect on your stomach for up to 2 weeks. Well you know Lynne, canĀ“t keep her mouth shut but the side affect only lasted 2 days. We stopped for lunch at a local indigenous camp. We had some great rides, drifted in the water next to the rafts for the quieter sections and the very last big rapid we all were thrown out. What great fun!

I will say it is worth the money and i want to go and do the level 5 course, it goes to level 6 but not in this country.

A plug for the rafting company. When in Turrialba, contact Rainforest World. They have a website too, just google it. Marty is one of the owners and makes the day more fun with his stories.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



5th October 2008

Yes, it WAS fun!
I think it was the best day of my holiday - I LOVED every second of of it (even the bit when we fell into the water)! Thanks for your company, it was so much fun partly because we had such a great team! :) Anna from Finland

Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 97; dbt: 0.0948s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb