A piece of Bambu


Advertisement
Published: August 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today, we all live in a world full of new technologies and everybody is fond of progress. All of us are looking forward to a brand new car that we can’t afford anyway, just to have it. We all think that you could not live without the Internet or even without a computer any more.

All of us? Not exactly. If you are looking for a remote place, where 13 years old kids don’t have a cell phone and don’t even care about it, Bambu is the perfect place for you! In Bambu, the only worry will be about what game we can play, who is coming to visit us today or if you will catch a fish! Of course, the absence of these technologies mainly comes from their lack of money, but I can guarantee you that these people are happy the way they live. Their way of life is just different. After an immersion in Bambu, you won’t see life the same way and you will acknowledge that we live with much more than we actually need. That’s why all our volunteers love to go to Bambu. They find peace, calm and friends for life.

Here are a couple of interviews of kids from Bambu, they answered the question:





Que se acordara más del tiempo pasado con los voluntarios?

(What will you remember of your time with volunteers?)





-“Me gusta mucho encontrar nueva gente y me gusta mucho la clase de francés con Romain, aunque sea muy difícil! Y la muchacha Chloe me enseñó nuevos juegos de manos muy graciosos que podré ensañar a mis amigas de la escuela!” Yerlin, 10.


-“I love to meet new people and I really like Romain’s French class, even if it was very hard!

And the girl Chloe taught me very funny new hand games that I will teach to my friends from the school!”





-“Me gusto mucho la clase de inglés, ya puedo traducir a las canciones de Michael Jackson! Jugamos al futbol y corrimos por todos lados! Además, les ensené como bailar reggaetón! ” Héctor Jafeth, 4.



-“I loved English class, now I can translate Michael Jackson songs! We played soccer and ran everywhere! I also taught the volunteers how to dance raggaeton!







-“Jugamos con todos los niños de Bambu y ganamos a los voluntarios al platillo! Somos más rápidos!” David Josué, 7.



-“We played Frisbee with all kids from Bambu and we won against the volunteers! We were faster than they were!”









-“Nos fuimos a un tour a ver la catarata con Romain, Chloé y mi tío Héctor y Romain me tiró en el agua! Cogimos un bote y comimos sandía cerca de la catarata, la pasamos muy bien!” Steven, 13.
-“We went on a tour to the waterfalls with Romain, Chloe and my uncle Hector. Romain threw me into the water! We traveled in a boat and we ate watermelon, we had a great time!”





Bambu must be the most relaxing place in the world and people there, the nicest people ever. There is no reason for you to not come and find out by yourself! You can decide to come for a week on a project, or to come for the Holiday Project 2009, of which a part will take place in Bambu too! Either way you will be welcomed! Hope to see you soon!


Tropical Adventures

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb