Still at Altitude!


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Alajuela » San Ramon
September 25th 2006
Published: September 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Waterfall off road to ZarceroWaterfall off road to ZarceroWaterfall off road to Zarcero

Pulled off the road to see this river, found the waterfall. 1 of thousands!
Sorry for being so late. I am WAY behind! But, I will keep things short.
San Ramon from La Fortuna, via private transport. Jorge, a friend of Coco's, drives a Toyota microbus. For 10K colones, I was the only passenger. Jorge is a 20 something artist, that drive a tour bus forr private tours. His claim to fame, Arnold S. aka the 'Terminator'...yeah, has a Polaroid of him and Arnold. Got to San Ramon at a ByB, that's Bed and Breakfast. Fun place to stay. Very NOISY. Can hear couples from anywhere! The cleaning ladies all laugh and giggle. Met some guys from S.C. that will be down here for 3 weeks. All are older than me by 10 yrs and better. Just having a wild and crazy time!
Moved up to AVF*Angel Valley Farm as seen on Travelblog.org... Settled in for the long term. Believe or not, AGAIN, I am the only one registered!
The weather got wild, HEAVY rain, floods in the city, houses washed away....then nice and sunny with cool nights...remember it gets dark by 630pm.
Got myself a rental car, Geo Tracker, fresh out of the shop. Drove it to town, around the valley, up and down
MY 4x4MY 4x4MY 4x4

yep! its a Tracker.
the road.....then went to Zarcero. In the mountains, at an altitude of >>>6600 ft above sea level... wonderful climate! The OLD church has a park ajoining, tall cedar trees all over. Some eucalyptus also, along with salt water pines.....EXCELLENT countryside! Always cool up there...warmer around all the concrete, as is everywhere.
The waterfall is just falling from the top...they are ALL over! Kinda of like in the Rockies.
More coming....new cafe to do everything!

Thought I'd add on here....
Lots of mountain air up in Zarcero. May need to rent a helicopter to see all of that area. Good asphault roads going in and out of there. Great thing is that the area is on the ways from San Jose and the central valley to Arenal.
Opportunity, mountain country air, and a short way into many different towns.
By the way, I got a new Tracker on Tuesday, I had not driven it in 2 days becuse the gentleman overseeing the BnB drove us me around in his Cherokee. When I called to get another, the owner and Diego were in San Ramon looking to buy one. So, I went to start it, the battery was dead. They got
Saw this in La Fortuna.Saw this in La Fortuna.Saw this in La Fortuna.

Funny thing, I found a BIGGER one up near Zarcero.
there, had to go borrow jumper cables, got mine started, and took off. BUT now, I got an LST model: convertible hard tops, new AC, new tires, and a stick shift....for the mountains! I'm set! (will have pic on next entry).
til next time




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

View from BnBView from BnB
View from BnB

There are a lot of valleys like this one. They are all lush green and vary scenic.
Yep! That's a Golden Retriever!Yep! That's a Golden Retriever!
Yep! That's a Golden Retriever!

First one I've seen. Chained in the yard.
Cedar trees Topoary!Cedar trees Topoary!
Cedar trees Topoary!

Zarcero church park.
Small park, but very intriging.Small park, but very intriging.
Small park, but very intriging.

Animals from the caretakers imagination.
Zarcero ChurchZarcero Church
Zarcero Church

One of the older churches in Costa Rica.
Old Cypress or Fir tree?Old Cypress or Fir tree?
Old Cypress or Fir tree?

Maybe someone can help me out. The park was empty, nobody I could ask.


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb