Expect the unexpected


Advertisement
Published: September 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Great Legs!Great Legs!Great Legs!

See the group of younger kids following, snickering? The girls in white are their BROTHERS!
Friday is our errand day. It's the day we prefer go to the feria, the fruit and veggie market although we can go Saturday mornings too. We usually run errands, have lunch in town then hit the feria on the way home. Bill also needed to fill up on propane since we'd been to Naranjo, Alajuela and San Jose the past week.

Bill hadn't realized it was 12:00 when we left the house. As suspected UGASA (propane gas station) wasn't opened during lunch. Lesson learned. You never know who is opened from 12 to 1pm. It's trial and error. We decided to eat lunch at a favorite Mexican soda. Don't get excited, we still haven't found good Mexican food. Los Napoles is owned by a nice Mexican man who married a Tica and is making a life here. The food is simple and good but nothing like the Mexican food we grew up with. We like the man, so we go back.

While driving into town we noticed a couple of high school age teenagers in costume. ??? We didn't think much of it at first, just chuckled. As we drove across town another, and another then groups of three or four costumed teenagers passed by us.

After lunch we drove to the post office and found where all the costumed youth were headed, the Cultural Center. I jumped out of the car to check the mail with camera in hand. Bill and Calli wouldn't let me take pictures while we were driving around. I embarrass them with my camera. But hey, it means lots of pics for all of you to see!

Did I mention ALL the costumes were homemade!

It wasn't a holiday and Costa Rica doesn't celebrate Halloween. We don't know why so many dressed up but we're glad they did. It was great fun seeing them all! You never know what to expect next living in Costa Rica.

PURA VIDA!
Jen, Bill, Callista and Bear



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Gathering at the cultural centerGathering at the cultural center
Gathering at the cultural center

Harry Potter and Herminy? are in the mix. The white square left of center is the ace of spades.
Gathering at the cultural centerGathering at the cultural center
Gathering at the cultural center

Harry Potter left, fairies near the building
Powerpuff girl and Incredible HulkPowerpuff girl and Incredible Hulk
Powerpuff girl and Incredible Hulk

Prisoner left, power puff girl, guy in stripes right center is the Hulk normal, next to him is a bulked up green guy.
Great day for an  ice c reamGreat day for an  ice c ream
Great day for an ice c ream

Bear loves going into town. He really likes when he gets a cono too!


Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 80; dbt: 0.1001s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb