Looking for a Bear sitter


Advertisement
Published: November 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Have you dreamed of visiting Costa Rica? We've got a great opportunity for the right person. We need to be in San Diego for a week next summer in late July to attend Bill's son's wedding and we’re in need of someone to dog sit for us.

Bear is our 12 yr old, four legged son. Flying him to California and back with us is not an option. It was stressful enough having him fly once to move here. Taking him to a kennel is also out of the question. We did that once and never will again. He’s a part of our family and doesn’t deserve to be locked up. Taking him to somebody else’s house is not an option either. He would be most comfortable in his own home and in his own bed. Having his family gone will be enough stress for him to handle.

When we first learned of the upcoming wedding we notified friends and family that we were looking for someone to stay in our house and care for Bear. Nothing has materialized, so I’ve decided to put it out there for blog readers before I begin advertising on Craig’s list.

Ideally, we’d like someone to stay with us a few days before we leave and get to know Bear, the area and our routines. Once he gets to know you he will protect you as he would any one of us.

I figured this is a good time to post our desire as families will be getting together over the upcoming holidays and possibly discussing plans for summer vacations. If you or someone you know may be interested please have them contact us ASAP so we can give them all the details to consider.

Why not ask friends here to watch him? Our friends here have their own lives; we wouldn’t want to intrude on their personal space any more than they’d want to on ours. It’s a matter of respect.


Pura Vida!
Jen, Bill, Callista and Bear



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Chasing birdsChasing birds
Chasing birds

He likes chasing the birds that come to eat the banana's I put out.
Beach lovin' BearBeach lovin' Bear
Beach lovin' Bear

Great beach companion!
Knocking at the back doorKnocking at the back door
Knocking at the back door

Good dog, he knocks when he's ready to come in.
Happy kidsHappy kids
Happy kids

We want to make sure he stays happy while we're gone.


7th November 2006

Of course: if no one can stay in your house during that time, we would love to have Bear here. We'll have at least two dogs by then... it will be like summer camp! Good luck finding someone to stay there - i know that's your first choice. See you!
7th November 2006

You're awesome!
Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! We'll let you know if it comes to that.

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 81; dbt: 0.0846s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb