Day 17: Arenal to Manuel Antonio – Rafting and Crocodiles!


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast, we headed to the Balsa River for some white-water rafting with Desafio Adventures. Our bus guide, made an impromptu stop at a road side grocery store where we learned about the different tropical fruits of Costa Rica and had our first taste of Coconut Water. Delicious!



By the time we reached the Balsa River, our river guides had everything prepared for our white-water rafting excursion. We were provided with a helmet and paddle and after a quick safety demonstration, we were off on our white-water rafting adventure.



The Rio Balsa is a class II and class III River that is regulated by daily dam releases. It is perfect for first timers like my sister, Renata. We steered our way pass various rocky rapid and enjoyed a relaxing float down the river. The rapids were not as powerful as the white-water rapids I rafted in Quebec City, but it was an amazing experience, nevertheless.



After rafting, Renata and I headed on our way to Manuel Antonio. We made a pit stop at the Tarcoles River Bridge to spot crocodiles before continuing on the road to Manuel Antonio.



When we finally arrived at our hotel, Hotel Coco Beach, it was late into the evening. After a long day, it was time to call it a night.





Tomorrow, Renata and I are going on a day tour to Manuel Antonio National Park with Costa Rican Jade tours.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0925s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb