Schmoozing, bluesing & cruising with those Darn Dangerous Binkleys Part 4: Where the rich find Hell is their Heaven.


Advertisement
Published: August 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Schmoozing, bluesing & cruising with those Darn Dangerous Binkleys Part 4: Where the rich find Hell is their Heaven. I always thought Hell was where the souls of the wicked go when they die...enduring eternal damnation. Not the sort of place you'd willingly go...not unless you were really bad. But now I'm thinking Hell is where rich people go. Not all rich people mind you...just some...like th... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 21


Advertisement
















29th August 2015
Eat ya heart out Dangerous One

Fridge Magnets
Relieved you managed to pull some cash out of the machine in The Cayman Islands, was worried for a minute you wouldn't be able to buy a fridge magnet. We had no such luck with our Chinese bank cards there, didn't buy a fridge magnet, never actually owned my own fridge. I notice you've managed to attach some old notes to your fridge door from lands afar...I used to collect a coin from every country visited until I discovered that some countries don't have their own, whilst others use no coins at all...bet they sell fridge magnets though!
29th August 2015
Eat ya heart out Dangerous One

Fridge Magnets
The last blog was about fridge magnets for boys and shiny things for girls Jason but this blog I got one from Hell! Let me know when you get a fridge so I can help decorate it for you. I've got a drawer full of notes from most countries I've travelled through. My Kenyan, Tanzanian, Malawian and Zambian stolen by our cook when he stole my passport and money so can't claim I've still got those. I'd forgotten all about that but do not mind you jogging that memory. I've got plenty of yuan for when next we meet. Thanks for commenting.
30th August 2015

Fridge magnets?
I enjoy your blogs and equally enjoy the comments exchange. That's why I wait a while till comments pile up for me to read. Never fails to provide amusement!
30th August 2015

Fridge magnets?
I'd like to think Lili that my blog has a tad more to think about than the fridge magnets but...when I think about it...a fridge magnet from Hell does make a mighty fine fridge magnet!!! Hope you enjoy the music...my favourite from this prolific artist Charlie Musselwhite, who is an icon of the Blues Hall of Fame and regarded as one of the best harmonica players in the World...extraordinary piece of music. Even better that I found the video clip when we were there!!!
30th August 2015

...and it freezes over.
I used to live a short distance from Hell, Michigan, and yes, it regularly froze over.
30th August 2015

...and it freezes over.
The many faces of Hell Karen. I haven't heard of Hell, Michigan. Thanks for letting us know. I hope it had some geological feature that had it aptly named. Not the sort of name you'd want to have for your home town without good reason.
31st August 2015

Another place called Hell
So there is yet one more place called Hell. We have two such places mentioned in our blog. In Poland we visited a town called Hel (OK, an "l" missing, but still) and in Norway I went to a village called Hell (north of Trondheim). In the train station in Hell in Norway there is a sign saying God's Expedition (spelt "godsexpedition" on the sign). The word means "cargo handling" and it is actually written in Swedish instead of Norwegian because the joke doesn't come out with the Norwegian spelling of the word. Another Hell place that at least I want to visit one day is Door to Hell in Derweze in Turkmenistan. But it will be a few years until I get there I'm afraid. I guess I have to visit Hell in Grand Cayman one day as well. /Ake
31st August 2015

Another place called Hell
The things we learn Ake! Really interesting observations for which I thank you. Also means cargo handling...even a Door to Hell...wow. Norway, Poland, Turkmenistan, USA, Cayman Islands...the list gets bigger.
2nd September 2015

Hell!
Thanks Dave for tracking our whereabouts and taking us with you to your adventure. Never knew Hell really existed. Good greetings
3rd September 2015

Hell!
Thanks for commenting Frank. I didn't know Hell really existed either...at least not on this Earth...certainly not that it is a tourist attraction!!!
11th October 2015

Haven and Hell
You are indeed a world traveler and an underworld traveler since you've now been to Hell. Charlie Musselwhite was the bomb and enjoyed talking with him in the lounge as we were leaving the boat.
11th October 2015

Heaven and Hell
Going on a Legendary Blues Cruise one discovers there are a number of Heavens...and visiting the Caymans I also discovered there are a number of Hells. 'Tis truly an interesting world we live on. One of the pleasures of the cruise was chatting to the artists...nice you could have a chat with Charlie.

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 21; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb