Grand Cayman Travel Blog mecllap


Advertisement
Published: December 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Next up is our holiday trip back to Grand Cayman. We fly out from Charlotte this year on Friday, 12/20 -- should be much less stressful than last year's experience with the Atlanta airport. I'll also be doing a trip report on the Cayman activity guide site, but I hope to be able to add more details here. Why, you may ask, do people who do no scuba diving want to keep going back to Cayman? After all, the Cayman Islands are known most for their spectacular diving. Well, we do a little bit of snorkeling -- even though we don't venture very far from shore, there are still fish to see. If you look at the weather map of the U.S. right now, you'll see that most of the county, including our little bit of western North Carolina, is bitter cold -- and, if nothing else -- it's WARM in GC. But, there are also lots of other things to do and see there, that I will try to report on over the coming two weeks: beaches, wildlife, history, tourist activities, etc. And now I know how to post photos on here -- so you'll be able to see this part of paradise through our eyes. (There is more spectacular scenery as far as terrain and trees many other places in the world -- but the beaches in GC are wonderful). A few photos from 2006 to whet your appetite -- Stay tuned!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



15th December 2008

Happy Holidays
I am sure that youse guys will have a great holiday season on the island. I am sorta bah humbug this year - only put up one tree and nothing outside - doing the festivies over at Pam and Tommy's with their winter neighbors from MA. At least I don't have to undecorate much. Again, have fun and play in the sun....love ya's
20th December 2008

Love your pictures
I finally found your blog. I am thinking of England and what a fun time we had! I wil be following your trip. Hope Sam and Rebecca are fine. Sandy

Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb