Bonaire


Advertisement
Published: January 24th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Bonaire Blog 20th January 2020



Our paper describes Bonaire as Unhurried - Unspoiled - Unforgettable.



If you like water sports yes, but for most of the passengers/tourists here it as an island that has little to offer.

Bonaire is about 50 miles north of Venezuela and only about 30 miles from our last port of call, Curaçao.

It is the second largest of the island group forming the Netherlands Antilles.

Where we docked Kralendijk, the capital along with another cruise ship (Norwegian Epic) is merely the gateway to all the other marine activities.



It’s very compact and has all the usual souvenir shops and cafes one would expect.

It relies heavily on tourism but further afield there is the Salt Lake where the salt company and flamingoes live in harmony.



To the North West the petroleum companies crude transshipment terminal is an integral part of the island’s economy.

Just of the coast is Klein Bonaire, an uninhabited island noted for its snorkelling and sunbathing.



With two ships in and all the other tourists about unfortunately there was nothing Unhurried - Unspoilt or Unforgettable.



A day at sea before 3 islands on the bounce!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb