Back to School


Advertisement
Published: December 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This is the last week of our current trip around the Caribbean, on Sunday all the students fly home and it will be a time for maintenance, training and rest aboard Ocean Star. To round up the end of the marine science courses, the shipmates spent this morning at a local school in the British Virgin Islands teaching the children about strange marine creatures and their ways of living and surviving in the sea. After a short lesson we split the group up into three and each section learnt about a different endangered species - turtles, whale sharks and Elkhorn coral. They then presented what they had learnt to the rest of the class. It was a roaring success with the shipmates enjoying their time in the classroom and everyone having a great time colouring in their work.

This will be my last blog entry until after Christmas when I will let you know all about my holiday in Puerto Rico and we will begin a new trip aboard Ocean Star. Next term I will write to you with more stories on some of the animals, plants and underwater life of the Caribbean. If there is anything particular you would like to hear about, please let Mrs Mott know so she can pass on the message to me.

I hope you all have a very happy Christmas and a great New Year.

K



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb