"Gotta love those dolphins"


Advertisement
Published: April 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

#life#life#life

Dolphin kiss...absolutely adorable :)
Unlike many tours and shore excursions I have done before, this particular one at "Dolphin Discovery Tortola" was even more remarkable than I expected. Today the ship docked at the port of the British Virgin Island Tortola. The island is surrounded with the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean Sea.

This time on adventure with Ana and Robert. We get off the ship right before noon and we had only few hours time since some of us need to get back to work 😊 We catch a van and it was approximately 10 minutes to get to Dolphin Discovery Site. It was my first time with the dolphins and also my dream for many years.

When we reached the place we choose the swim dolphin adventure program which includes a kiss, a hug, a handshake and of course all the dolphins tricks .

Before we started we got an introduction, kind of lesson on the dolphins. Than the staff geared us up with some life jackets and shoes and than off to dolphin encounter. It was very well organized tour. My friends and I were in a group of about 10. Each grope is fairly small so this way you could spend more time with the dolphin. Everyone is the group was given an opportunity to interact with the dolphin for short amount of time. The trainer was so entertaining. The dolphin we had was very interactive with us. Then we swam out in the water as a group as he world swim and dance around us as we sang and clapped. The highlight of the Dolphin Swim Adventure is the 'Belly Ride', where you hold on yo the dolphin's fins as he swims backwards. This was amazing! So much fun! We spent more than 30 minutes in the lagoon with a dolphin. The water was very clear and the lagoon area was in fairly good condition.

A photographer was on hand to take a lot of photos. We got our picture takes kissing the dolphin, holding them, dolphin kissing you on the cheek and another photo when swimming with the dolphin. If you do any similar dolphin experience take your waterproof camera with you, as Robert did this time so you can get many great pictures.

The passionate trainers and staff provided us with a unforgettable experience. The dolphins were very well trained and I
#bliss#bliss#bliss

Encounter: Ana and the dolphin...
enjoyed every minute of it. They are willing to answer questions and share informations about the dolphins. The love that they have for the dolphins and the dolphins have for them is outstanding . They are focused on the happiness and wellbeing of the animals above all. This is a truly wonderful experience. I absolutely recommend it.

Following the swim we had just under an hour to wait before our bus ride back to the port in Tortola. So, we purchased the picture package with CD of all the pictures taken in our party. The pricing in determined by the number in your party. Beware it's not cheap! 😊

I return back to the ship with a cherishing memory that will last forever.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



On the way to see the dolphins. Couldn't be more happier :)


Happy crew :)


#dancing#dancing
#dancing

Tango with the dolphin :)


We enjoyed the hug :)


Sang and clap...we had so much fun!


Passionately waiting for the pictures :)


Group photo with Ana and Robert.


On our ride back to the ship :)


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb