Trellis Bay


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

14thMay: Trellis Bay – Tortola 6nm

Once again there were no mooring balls available when we arrived and nowhere to anchor safely. There was a bit of chop coming in so wanted to be inside the bay. We circled 3 times through, no one was leaving. Then decided to do one final sweep through the bay before heading across to Marina Cay opposite to anchor. Just as we were coming past Sea Quest Marin was yelling out and indicating a free ball right next to them. A yacht had just left. No one else picked it up as it didn't have a lead line and was very difficult to get the ball up on deck.....but I managed!!

Full moon party was much more 'tame' than we expected. It was really good fun. Very family orientated. Big balls full of wood for a bonfire – they had difficulty lighting the ones in the water, 3 people dancing on stilts, a welding demonstration of how they make the bonfire balls and good music. The main food area apparently wasn't good and was $25us per person. However we went down to the Roti Hut (that we had discovered on our drive by a few days previous) and got a Roti and bbq chicken meal for $20us all up. And it was all delicious!! Once the bonfires in the water had died down, most of the people left. Boomerang dropped me back home at midnight on their way back to their boat and then Phil came back a couple of hours later. We stayed the next day too, someone was tired and dehydrated. We went ashore that afternoon and did some beach combing. I found some 'sea glass' that Phil read about in a magazine. Takes 20-50 years to get smooth and rounded edges and some colours are rarer than others. I found turquoise and yellow, both of the more rarer variety. Phil only found that article a few days ago....just when we're leaving and won't be doing any more beach combing for a while. There was heaps on Cocos too I remember!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.386s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1162s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb