Fort Recovery - Stay on Tortola this past May


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Writing a quick blog about my last stay on Tortola, my favorite island in the BVI/VI. I stayed at Fort Recovery this past may with my son and wife. The place is fascinating and sits right on it's own private beach. There is a 17th Century Dutch Fort right smack in the middle of the resort, which is ENORMOUS and is the oldest standing Fort in the Caribbean. We were amazed how it was so perfect and fared so well throughout the centuries. We rented a 2bdr new villa which was immaculately clean, of great taste, warm Caribbean colors, had a lot of tribal and African artifact decor, many prints of local artwork and some originals, designer sheets, a well equipped kitchen, large bathroom, huge living room with cable television and powerful a/c and fan. The grounds were well kept, with large amounts of tropical flowers, plants and many palm trees. Parking space was ample and we rented a tracker for the two weeks we stayed there at a great rate. We partook in their snorkel trip twice which was very inexpensive. The trip was on their private yacht with captain and several other guests' staying at the hotel which visited the Indians, Caves and Willy-T near and on Norman Island. We ate in their restaurant just about every night, seeing as how we've eaten at all the island's restaurants in the past and weren't particularly interested in any of them. Both the breakfast and dinner was scrumptious, well presented and of large portions, huge selection of foods from all over the world, and local cuisine. The pool was great and the staff were lovely, particularly the housekeeping who always had a smile and offered to assist us in any way. Management was attentive and great in setting up appointments at their Spa, which my wife comments was very good, in a building across from the main reception area with tasteful and unique ambiance. We shall return to Tortola in the following month again for work again and feel we have found our new favorite place to stay.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb