2013 Christmas Eastern Caribbean Cruise


Advertisement
Published: December 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, December 28, 2013 (At Sea)

Today is our last day at sea. Like Friday, we are free to do what we want at our own pace. This is what we like about our sea days.

After eating breakfast in the Concerta Dining Room, fresh made to order breakfast is awesome, the kids wanted to participate in the last session of the Zumba. Zumba seems to be a popular activity, particularly the last day on the ship. Todd and Cindy went with the kids to watch them. What a fun activity to participate and watch. During the one hour session, three different instructors lead the large group. Each of the instructors had different personalities and the music tempo was different. They first started slow then work their way up to a faster tempo. I attached a few photos (photos were taken through a net cage). The kids were exhausted and Jennifer was sore.

Following the Zumba activity, Todd and Cindy attended a cooking demonstration with the Executive Chef and Maitre d. Both gave a brief history of their experience, however in general the demonstration was part comedy act. The two of played off each other and it made the demonstration quite humorous.

At 10:30 am Todd went to the photo area where they sell photos of you and your family for you to purchase. At 10:30 am, there was a raffle drawing for a $100 photo credit. There must have been at least 100+ people waiting for the drawing. They gave away a few smaller items first then the regular drawing. Guess what, Todd and Cindy won the $100 credit. Sweet. We immediately purchased additional photos, formal night photos only could be purchased.

Todd returned to the culinary demonstration. They were preparing some Italian dish. Before they finished the demonstration, the kids center, which just finished preparing and baking a cake, came into the demonstration. They were then presented with certificate from the Executive Chef. Very neat to see this and that they are including the kids.

Following the demonstration, Todd took a tour of the galley. The galley is behind the scenes and where the food is prepped and collected for serving the passengers.

Following the Galley tour, we joined Cindy’s Dad and Mom for the second to last bingo game. Unfortunately, there was no winning in this game, darn it.

We ate our last lunch in the Concerta Dining Room. I forgot to mention yesterday that we meet a very nice couple and their son from Wisconsin. Super nice and easy to talk too. Their son was also Jennifer’s age.

Before we went to the pool, Cindy, Jennifer and I visited the casino to cash in our casino vault balance. It was a game where you had to maneuver a lever to a position and then pushes forward to punch a bunch of cash lose. None of us won this game, darn it.

In the afternoon Jennifer, Michael, and I went to the pool to swim and get one last day in the warm sun. It is cold in Houston. The water in the pool was super cold; however I can see why it was cold because of the constant wind blowing on this deck. We were in the pool for about 10 minutes when the captain came on the broadcast system and said that they we approaching a weather system producing wind and rain showers and that if we were on the upper decks (pool area) we should leave the area because the seas will get rough. We gathered our items and stood under a protected area to see if the weather will pass. It did pass, however it remained cloudy. I ended up staying on the upper deck close to the pool hoping the sun would come out. Something happened and I fell asleep. All of a sudden I woke up and Cindy, Jennifer, and Michael were standing around me. I attached a photo of Michael posing behind when I was crashed out.

The rest of the afternoon we sorted through our room bills to make sure all our charges are clean. We also packed our clothes because the luggage needed to be in the hall before 11:00 pm.

Before dinner, I tried to take photos of the sunset. Every evening on this cruise there were too many clouds, so the sunset was obstructed. The captain kept mentioning that when the sunset and the sky is clear, there would be a green light in the horizon, unfortunately we never so that green light. I included a photo of the sun setting, however not really very interesting. Jennifer did take a photo of Cindy and I on our balcony, awesome picture of us.

Prior to dinner, we visited a bar on level five, next to the Piazza. While having drinks there was a show in the Piazza, two contortionists. It is incredible how they can move their bodies. If I did something like this, hospital time.

Our final dinner was fantastic. Not only was the service fantastic but the food, as always, is awesome. My selection this evening was Watermelon & Feta Cheese, Chilled curried pumpkin cream soup, and Grilled NY strip with green peppercorn cause. For dessert, on the last day of every cruise, they serve baked Alaskan. This is so good. In addition to eating baked Alaskan, I also ate rhubarb ice cream. For those who know me, I love rhubarb.

To wrap up the evening, we attended the last show at the Princess Theatre. The show this evening was called “Spectacular.” The show was exactly that, spectacular. The production and the stage scenery were like watching a show in at a Houston Theatre. It is amazing they are able to do so much on a cruise ship. What a great way to end our last evening on the ship

This is my last travel blog entry for our 2013 Eastern Caribbean Cruise. I really hope you enjoyed reading and sharing in the fun.



Until our next trip, enjoy the New Year, 2014.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 31; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb