Placencia


Advertisement
Published: December 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

We headed ever south after Corker and stayed in another beach place called Placencia, the beach here was gorgeous, the stereotypical Caribbean postcard, swaying palms, blue ocean, golden sands. Doesn’t beat Piccadilly gardens on a sunny day though!! We did nothing but chill out and I got to watch Utd v Chelsea so more than happy apart from the result that is.

That was it on our tour of Belize, short and sweet, which it needed to be as very expensive. Enjoyed the place and culture as all very different and the language of Garifuna, which is a mixture of English, Spanish and Swahili. Listening to the locals was just like the lilt adverts so brought a smile to our faces! The food her was also brilliant the standard of rice and beans and some jerk chicken/fish spicy chicken/fish) with mashed potato and garlic bread…. Mmmm must of put some weight on the 10 days as couldn’t get enough of the stuff! They also do some great sauces all different levels of spice. I have had to buy a few for souvenirs as so nice!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 27; qc: 101; dbt: 0.2269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb