Day 4 - The Day Could Have Been So Bad............but


Advertisement
Published: December 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Legends Burger HouseLegends Burger HouseLegends Burger House

Dave, Patty, Donna and Jim enjoying lunch and the ambiance at Legends Burger House, North San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye, Belize
Woke up this morning at 5:00 a.m. to the rain pounding on the roof. Now we get rain in Chandler, but this was "big boy" rain. This was torrential rain fall and it went on for quite a long time, so it was easy to fall back to sleep. We decided yesterday to not dive today, but to rent a golf cart and see the island. Things were iffy until we woke up at 8:00 and the rain had stopped and the sun was shining. So as planned we picked up the golf cart and headed off to the southern part of the island first. We went to the local mangrove area to look for crocodiles, (unfortunately we didn't see any) so we continued on our journey south. Soon the cobblestone streets gave way to a dirt road which was severely potholed from the morning rains. Donna and I rode on the back seat of the golf cart which means we were always looking at where we had been, instead of where we were going. Therefore, we felt the potholes and never saw them, along with a steady stream of mud flinging up from the tires. But not to worry, because about 1/2 way back to San Pedro Town we were caught in a deluge and so had no problem washing the mud from our legs. After the first down pour we were in the middle of downtown when the second downpour started. We decided it was best to head back to the condo and wait it out before heading to the north side of the island. About noon it finally stopped so we headed for Legends Burger House on the north end of the island for lunch. Food was great, and Jordan the young man who owns and runs the restaurant was such a pleasure to talk to. After lunch we continued north another couple miles to Captain Morgans resort. The bottom of the pool had a giant tile picture of THEE Captain Morgan (spiced rum) on the bottom. By the time we got back into San Pedro town, Donna and I felt like we were being carbon monoxide poisoned from the gas fumes from the cart so we elected to walk back along the beach. We made it as far as Wayo's Beach Bar, and stopped for happy hour! What a fun place, we ended up staying and meeting a bunch of really nice people as well as the very personable bartender Trevor. Then on down the beach to Ambergris Brewing Company, two doors down from our condo for dinner. Jeff the owner kept us entertained for over an hour, and we now have a place to go for coffee in the morning after our morning walk. WE LOVE AMBERGRIS CAYE!!! It will be really hard to leave here, but certainly plan to enjoy every minute while we are here!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 29; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb