Beach Days . . .


Advertisement
Published: January 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Coki BeachCoki BeachCoki Beach

This is where Terri & I are doing our dive training.
Monday we were in St. Thomas, where Terri & I are doing our scuba dive certification course. While we started it a month ago, our studies have been on a bit of a hiatus. Between my medical disembarkation, immigration issues I had after returning to the ship, both Terri & I being on port manning duty and all sorts of other things, we haven't been able to get back out there. But Monday, we got in the open air taxi and headed across the island to Coki Beach for our first confined water dive. Except, when we got there, we learned that all dives were cancelled because of poor visibility. Over the weekend there had been strong swells that had stirred up everything in the area and left the water very choppy. Once again, diving has been put off. But we've scheduled to return in 2 weeks (next week Terri's sister is cruising so she's having family time) and we're going to power through both of our confined water dives and meanwhile we have an entire textbook to study & learn.

So we had a quite beach day instead. Laid in the sun, started reading through our text books and then just talked. It was easy and relaxing and such a nice day in the end.

Today, we're back in Barbados. And once again (for the 4th time now), I was sent to the doctor's clinic for yet another follow up appointment. It's all been getting rather ridiculous to be honest. I've wasted so many days sitting in the office waiting to see the doctor, then waiting for hours for the drivers to pick me up and take me back to the ship. However, today was quite painless. In only 2 hours I was off the ship, at the clinic, saw the doctor and the specialist and was back on the ship. I got to have a relaxed lunch in the mess and then I hit the beach. Mark (shore excursion department, from South Africa), Jody & I walked through Bridgetown to the Boatyard Beach. There we met up with some other crew. We all just hung out and had some drinks. Jody & I swam in the ocean and jumped around on one of the water trampolines. Mark told us we looked like little kids jumping out there. The day was overcast and it even rained at one point. But I could have cared less. I was just so deliriously happy to be sitting on the beach instead of still waiting around the clinic. And the best news of the day, I am done with the doctors in Barbados. No more medical dramas, at least until I return home. So I'm free to enjoy Barbados again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



13th January 2008

Good luck with the Diving!
That Padi book is lots of fun ;) Can't wait to hear about your experiences diving. Once you're certified, we'll have to take excursions together... even if it's only to Tobermory. :P

Tot: 0.474s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 29; qc: 138; dbt: 0.3278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb