Being turned into a fancy resort


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas
February 17th 2014
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 24.6014, -76.821

We spent two nights at Norman's Cay in the anchorage just off the beach club. The new owners of McDuff's (Beach Club) are prepping for their grand opening, but in the meantime they were doing a "soft opening". In other words, if you walk right in and sit down, they won't turn you away - but otherwise, they are still closed. They were willing to prepare dinner for your party if you made a reservation in the afternoon, but that's the way it is in most places going through the Cays. It was a beautiful resort that they have obviously re-done recently. Everything was so clean and modern. We spoke with one of the new partners who was telling us about their plans. They are expanding the runway, looking to bring in a customs/immigrations office, setting up staff housing, and building a variety of the necessities / amenities for a small population.

They are obviously looking to recover some of the money they are spending. Kalik beer was $6 a bottle here. That is the most expensive we've seen it so far in the Exumas.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb