Half Moon Cay


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas
November 28th 2009
Published: November 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our last day of the cruise was spent at Half Moon Cay, HALs private island and one of my favorite beaches. When we were here last year we booked a cabana and enjoyed it so much booked one again this year. We had the purple one. So after breakfast (about 9:15) we headed down to the tender and over to the island. There was actually a line for checking in but it moved quickly and the shuttle for the cabanas showed up right away and dropped us off right by ours. Last year we had to walk to it and Lin had trouble getting thru the sand so the ride was much appreciated. The sun wasn’t out but it was warm (enough for me anyway)and we settled in. I took a quick dip in the beautiful turquoise water which was very warm. Then spent most of the day on my chaise listening to my ipod or playing with my dsi. We had chips, vegetables, and fruit along with our pre-ordered soft drinks. We headed over to the BBQ area (just behind our cabana) about 12:30 and had a nice lunch and brought back dessert (cookies and brownies) to the cabana. Lin got her feet wet but not sure she really went in the water. I went in for another swim just before it was time to head back. The shuttle was driving down the road just as we got there so no wait. And the line for the tender didn’t take long either.

After washing the sand off I headed up for the final Bingo game and didn’t win again. Then tried one more machine in the casino before cashing in the payouts for the week from my room card. I think I ended up about $10 ahead for the week so not bad. It was then time to head to mass in the Queen’s lounge. Then it was time for dinner and we decided to eat in the Dining Room again. Lin had never had baked Alaska and I knew they should l have it on the last night. We ran into the couple we’d been eating with so ate with them again and had a very nice meal. And Lin got her baked Alaska. I would normally have had it but they also had the flourless chocolate torte which is one of my favorite ship desserts. It was odd to have the Baked Alaska parade (it’s just not the same with glow sticks) when we just got our entrees but we were in Open Seating and they obviously time it for those in fixed.

The 4 of us then headed to the Mainstage for the show which was a variety show from the acts on previously this week. The magician (who we hadn’t see and was actually pretty good), his wife did an Arial routine, the Irish pair of musicians , and the comedian. It was very good. We then headed to the Queen’s Lounge for the Superstar contest which was lots of fun.

By now it was 11 so time to head down to the cabin and pack. We signed up for the Express baggage service so our boarding passes and luggage checkins were in our cabin. Got our bags out well before the 1 am deadline and now don’t see them till we get to Cincy this afternoon.

Well that’s pretty much the end of this cruise. Thanks for following along.


Advertisement



28th November 2009

Half Moon Cay
Thanks for the blogs enjoyed them. IT sounds like you both had a great time . I loved the Baked Alaska too. Welcome back to the real world. Call me when you can. Janet

Tot: 0.526s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb