On the road again or should I say sea


Advertisement
Published: April 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On the sea again...or my boat is packed and I'm ready to go. By the time this is posted we will be
letting go of the mooring in the morning. We have had good meals and said our good-byes to both
the people and favorite places.
We have been witnessing a mass exodus over the last week or so, and now it is our turn. We decided against leaving with a veritable herd of other boats a few days ago. There were several reasons for this, one was a short weather window, too short for our comfort, another was we were not quite ready. We needed to go up the mast to unstick a halyard, better here in calm than elsewhere in the upcoming frontal passage. Yes folks another front with a low embedded in it. Although we must say it's not looking like a fierce front with huge winds, it still is coming with rain and possible t-storms. The waves on the ocean would have been 8 feet and likely on the beam. Seemed prudent to miss that particular joy of sailing. Those of you that sail know that rolling around is just about one the least pleasant aspects of our chosen form of fun. We do want it to be3 fun as much as is possible.
We have a couple different routes planned, and more than one possibility for making our US landing. They are partly determined by our ability to see both customs and immigration when we land. Since the two offices are not necessarily together, and often far apart it is wise to chose carefully. Of course inclement weather can change our choice and will should it arrive. But for now we plan to work our way to the top of the Abaco's then cross to whatever point in the US seems prudent.
Take care everyone.

Advertisement



25th April 2010

Safe trip
Have a safe trip home. See tou in July. Talked to Zoey at the marina yesterday

Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0898s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb