Atlantis with Ginny . . .


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas » Nassau
March 24th 2009
Published: May 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

I’ve been struggling to adjust to being on this ship. But now, two weeks in, I have something very exciting to occupy me - Ginny has come to cruise with me!

Ginny is going to be here for 2 cruises - 10 days - and I’m so happy about that. We’ve also completely lucked out. Though she was booked to stay in a crew cabin, a guest cabin was available, so she got to move in there. Plus there’s an extra bed in there for me - so I’m sleeping in a cozy guest bed this cruise! Then we got seating in the guest dining room, so we’re eating like queens. Excellent.

She arrived yesterday and already we’re in port today. Nassau.

We’d decided to just explore on our own. So we took the water taxi over to Paradise Island and to the Atlantis Resort. I’d been there before a couple times, so I just sort of led Gin around the public areas. Walked through the shops and the casino. We attempted to gamble in the casino, but I swear that the slot machines were strange and made no sense, so that didn’t last long. From the lobby area you can see into part of the aquariums, so we spent a bit of time there. You can also walk outside and look down into the aquariums. Today there were people scuba diving in the tanks - I thought that was pretty cool and could be fun to do. Though I think they were people doing work in the tank, not just tourists.

After Atlantis, we headed back to Nassau and the shopping area. I took Gin through Senor Frogs, one of the big tourist bar chains down here in the ports. Then we walked through the market and then popped in and out of shops. Though I really do not need to buy any clothes, I did . . . but my new dresses are lovely and will get plenty of use.

I needed to get back to the ship to start work, so I left Gin to do some more shopping and wandering on her own before we set sail. My teen count is on the upward rise - I’ve got a couple hundred now. Spring break last year was really difficult, so I’m apprehensive about it this time around. We will see how it goes I guess. But at least I’ve got the extra guest perks and of course Ginny!



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Slots!Slots!
Slots!

We tried the casino and were unsuccessful. Their machines were strange.
You Must Be This Tall To Drink!You Must Be This Tall To Drink!
You Must Be This Tall To Drink!

I liked this sign at Senor Frogs. I found it quite funny that I am only barely tall enough to drink.


2nd May 2009

If I had gone back to my 2nd contract like I was supposed to, we would most likely have ended up in the bahamas together at some point! We used to dock with the destiny often! :(

Tot: 0.386s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 27; qc: 150; dbt: 0.2201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb