Rediscovering Atlanis (with family!) . . .


Advertisement
Published: March 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Mom & Lee signed onto the Liberty yesterday and I love having them here. Seeing them emphasizes to me how much has happened in the time I’ve been away. It feels like a long time ago, last fall when I was home and living in Toronto. Already I feel lighted, happier, more energized than I have since my transfer.

This morning we were in Nassau, Bahamas. Mom, Lee & I went on a “Harbour Cruise” and tour of the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island.. There wasn’t much to the Harbour Cruise - I think I learned more on the water taxi when I was here last year. But being on an official tour, we got to see a lot more of the resort than when I’d come on my own last year with friends.

We were taken through the outdoor shopping village, then the expensive shops inside the hotel. Shown the casino and main atrium. Then most of the tour was spent in “the dig”, this huge area that’s made up to seem like an archeological dig of the lost city of Atlantis. Throughout the dig are tons and tons and tons of aquariums housing all sorts of aquatic life. A few times I excitedly pointed out fish that I’d seen before when I’d been scuba diving.

By the time our tour ended, we’d had our fill of Atlantis, so we took the ferry back to Nassau. Mom & Lee went to wander Nassau while I headed back to the ship to get ready for work.

Tonight is formal night (which means lobster dinner!). Yes, an added perk for me this week is I get to eat in the guest dining room with Mom & Lee all week. My roommate Ema is coming to join us tonight which will be lovely.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

EelsEels
Eels

When I saw these, I thought of Ursula's eels in The Little Mermaid. They're just as creepy and wierd in real life!
LobsterLobster
Lobster

There was a huge tank on the ceiling and on two walls, all filled with lobster. Then I pointed out that lobster was being served tonight in the dining room.


31st March 2008

Tunnel looks fantastic. Moray Eels are CREEPY! Every time I saw one while diving, it had it's mouth open like it was hissing at us. Glad you had a nice visit with some familiar faces ;)

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb