The Not-So-Lost World of Atlantis . . .


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we were in the Bahamas and it was a brilliant day. A big group of us (me, Brooks, Brian, Marlize, Samantha, Kevin, Darnell, Jason & Ben) took the water taxi from Nasssau across to Paradise Island. We cruised past the yoga centre I’d looked at doing my teacher training at. Had I spent this year in Toronto, I likely would have saved to go there this past February. As we passed, the guide pointed it out and said how there they “don’t drink, smoke, eat meat or have any nookie-nookie”. Of course everyone laughs and shakes their heads as though they’re crazy and I just thought how much I’d love to be there. So crazy to be right there in front of where I could have been, but living in such a different environment instead.

We went to the Atlantis Resort and just walked around seeing the shops, casino, bars, aquarium, etc. It was simple but brilliant. I love just exploring, seeing things, but with fun people and just completely relaxed. I also love goofy photo taking and there was a lot of that today.

It was pouring rain and we had no options but to get soaked.
On the Water TaxiOn the Water TaxiOn the Water Taxi

Me, Sam, Jason, Brooks, Darnell & Marlize
But then that was fun to - singing, dancing, jumping in puddles, splashing each other, play fighting with Kevin and Sam. It was brilliant and so much like the sort of fun I have with friends at home.

We all got split up after awhile and I went first to Starbucks then The Hard Rock Café with Kevin, Sam, Jason & Magda who we met back in Nassau. Good food (finally!), fun friends, a couple drinks, more funny photos on the way back to the ship . . . it was great.

Such a phenomenal, fantastic, lovely day.





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Fun On the Water TaxiFun On the Water Taxi
Fun On the Water Taxi

Clockwise from me: Jason, Kevin, Darnell, Marlize, Brooks, Sam
Dancing in the RainDancing in the Rain
Dancing in the Rain

Samantha, Kevin & Jason


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb