we have arrived


Advertisement
Published: December 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at West End Bahamas this morning at 6:20 am. We had to slow down to arrive in dawn light rather than dark. It was a somewhat difficult crossing, since there were confused seas for most of it. Wind direction and speed was ok, but it was a roller coaster ride.
Clearing customs was easy and done with dispatch and cheer. Then a nap was in order since neither of us had managed any sleep through the night.
AFter that, we rode bikes into the village,swam in the ocean, then the pool. The swim in the ocean was very reviving. It was just what I needed, since I was feeling over tired and over heated. We plan to leave here Saturday for the Freeport area, then make our way towards Nassau, in time for Xmas.
No photos this time, but will add some next time.
The colour of the water here is amazing, while swimming I saw my first ray. I have seen lots of them in photos and on TV but nothing is the same as seeing these things in person. All in all an enjoyable day. The first of many more to come I hope.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 39; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb