Can it rain anymore?


Advertisement
Published: October 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Got up this morning to find that it had been raining all night long. Temperature was still in the late twenties though.

Unsure what to do, we decided to try out the local ‘Garden of the Groves’ park.

We packed up the car with towels, trainers, socks and swimming suits as we were really not sure what to expect and what the weather was to bring today.

As we got to the park, the heavens literally opened again. The rain is amazingly warm and not unpleasant. We parked the car and contemplated what to do. Then another car, exactly the same as the one that we had hired, pulled up alongside us. The four Americans inside the care all looked at us and shrugged their shoulders as if to say, what do we do now. They decided, before us, that as we were there, we should go in.

We all ran from the cars towards the entrance in the pouring rain. The park was prepared for this and was selling rain macs for $2. Not very fetching, but at least they kept us dry.

Unfortunately, it is the same old story. We are out of season, so there was not a lot to see. We did walk around the whole park though. They had some wonderful wildlife and we were able to feed the ducks.

At the end we had a wonderful cup of quality coffee. That was well worth getting wet for.

It was only about 1pm when we left there, so we decided to try to find the ‘Lucaya National Park’. After going round in a few circles, we did eventually find it, but were disappointed to find that it was purely a walking park. We felt we had already done enough walking, and it was still raining, so headed back towards the apartment.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb